In 2010, the Macroom E Enterprise Centre added 3,000sq.ft. of newly refurbished enterprise space to the existing 10,000sq.ft. The building now offers a wide choice of office space ranging from hotdesks and small offices to industrial units to suit any requirements new or expanding companies may have. The newly extended centre was officially opened on 6th April 2011.
With shared facilities such as broadband internet, canteen and reception available to all our clients, start-up and small businesses can grow in a supportive and dynamic working environment, with the added advantage of sharing information and knowledge with fellow entrepreneurs.
The Enterprise Centre is housed in a funky modern building boasting environmental features such as:
- Solar water heating system
- Mobility sensors and energy saving light bulbs
- Collection of rain water from the roof to be used as grey water for low-water toilets cisterns
- High efficiency electrical equipment
- Wood-chip boiler and geothermal system to provide heating
- Passive solar heating from a number of south facing windows
- Use of mirrored light tubes and roof lights with northern aspects to increase natural daylight and decrease the dependence on artificial lighting
Macroom E was a finalist in the 2004 Sustainable Energy Awards in the category of “Excellence in design & specification”
In keeping with its core mission of promoting best environmental practices, Macroom E runs a number of environmental projects such as Wastematchers, Eco Business Ireland Awards and SMILE Resource Exchange.